Extra! Extra! (10/23/09)
News of the World
- Pilots of a Northwest Airlines learn to save the arguments for the ground. I was totally in the air at the same time this was going on.
- The frenzy for the H1N1 vaccination gets worse.
- Various US bands want to know if their music was used as a form of torture on Guantanamo Bay detainees.
- Times are still rough. Poverty in India is leading to an insurgence of wife selling.
- As unfortunate as this is, it’s quite obvious that bears shouldn’t be on skates.
- Like a scene out of a movie, a young girl mysteriously turns up in Manhattan, but has no recollection of her name or background.
- The Presidential family portrait.
- The debate on health care continues. All I know is somebody (cough, cough President Obama) needs to toughen up.
Design, Art, & Tech
- The iPod celebrates its birthday amidst the arrival of some new Apple products.
- Haha! Oh, Facebook.
- How to avoid identity theft while social networking.
- Penn Museum exhibit provides a glimpse into what Ancient Iraq was like.
- Totally going to get these Super Bastard Boxed Toys – especially since they have a MJ one!
- 2010 will bring some new music from a psuedo “icon” and a true icon.
- Among many reasons Michael Jackson wanted to create “This Is It”, one of the most heartfelt was so he could share his dancing with his kids.
- The truth comes out.
- J.J. Abrams gives some juicy tidbits on the new “Star Trek” sequel.
- Reviews of the new Amelia Earhart film aren’t too favorable. I’m going to still see it.
- No. No. No.